Wish EHX models [partly implemented]

Andrevv

I want some more ElectroHarmonix models like : DMM (with it's unique vibrato), Superego synth engine, HolyGrail reverb. I want to recreate the MBV shoegaze tones in my FX8.

DMM-type delay is already in the current Axe-Fx II and AX8 firmware and will be part of the upcoming FX8 firmware.

Holy Grail? That's Spring or Hall. Just try the Fractal Audio reverb types.

DMM-type delay is already in the current Axe-Fx II and AX8 firmware and will be part of the upcoming FX8 firmware.

Don't insult the FX8 By comparing it to the Holy Grail. Worst. Reverb. Ever. :p

For me; Reverbs are not on my list of hopeful 'effects' upgrades for the FX8

It may just be me, but I find the London Plate reverb in the FX8 to be my personal HG.

The 2290 is also an amazing replica

Happy tone hunting

JD

PS. a real deja vibe is on my list

+1

Though if you've never run reverb into distortion you should!

Yes I always run reverb and delay into distortion before when I use my old pedalboard. But when I run it that way in fx8, it doesn't sounds right. Maybe digital dsp not good for that reverb/delay into distortion chain.

Wow cool, I wish they will give fx8 a synth too for a surprise :D

Don't insult the FX8 By comparing it to the Holy Grail. Worst. Reverb. Ever. :p

Hehe, but I tried the holy grail side of ehx epitome and it sounds nice for indie/shoegaze kind of reverb. FX8 reverbs are nice for another kind of music like blues, rock, pop etc. But not easy to tweak imho.

Hehe, but I tried the holy grail side of ehx epitome and it sounds nice for indie/shoegaze kind of reverb. FX8 reverbs are nice for another kind of music like blues, rock, pop etc. But not easy to tweak imho.

I have never played a version of the HG circuit that didn't have some weird overtone/resonance present at all times... sooooo annoying... I play indie and have no issues with the SOUND of the FX8 - it can sound like almost anything - but it can take a bit of experimentation because it's so deep... I wouldn't give up though... those sounds are in the FX8 I'd wager... maybe post a clip of some reverb sound you wish you could get and I'll try and help if I can :)

Yes I always run reverb and delay into distortion before when I use my old pedalboard. But when I run it that way in fx8, it doesn't sounds right. Maybe digital dsp not good for that reverb/delay into distortion chain.

What sounds wrong to you? Can you be specific?

Back
Top Bottom