Wish EHX Crayon Overdrive

Timma

Kind of a unique rounded OD that uses a baxandall eq with high/low shelves. The EQ controls are incredibly versatile but it always sounds very musical even at extreme settings. I loved my old pedal, though I borrowed it to my buddy who ended up moving 3 states over... been missing that sweet sound since. I've never heard of anyone modelling this pedal and it'd be really cool to see it in the axe. Has anyone here ever played around with it?

Well...not to be a party pooper but if it's very similar to the BB Pre, and the BB Pre is already in there, what would the EHX Crayon bring to the party that isn't...uh...that isn't already on the hors d'oeuvres table?

I mean, it's like when you start off thinking you'll pick up tortilla chips, and then you think, no, everybody does that, so you pick up guacamole instead, and you show up, and there are four bowls of guac and nobody brought tortilla chips....

Well after guitarnerdswe's post I looked into it, turns out the circuit is exactly the same between the two, the but crayon uses parts with different values. So sure they're not exactly the same, but I bet it's pretty close. I use the Axe FX with headphones so I couldn't actually tell if there's a difference or not between the BB model and my amp setup. Then again we do have 3 different versions of the Suhr Riot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom