Effects to supplement your AxeFX 3?

I personally still haven't figured out how to get the kind of Chorus I like so I use something else that is really easy to get the sound I want. I'm sure the Axe FX can do it but I'm not a tinkerer and for me getting the cleans & chorus I want requires a lot more tinkering than I have patience for.

Beyond that, I might sometimes use a physical amp/pre-amp and I usually use the some torpedo hardware for their DynIR cabs which I really enjoy working with. AxeFX 3 has great cabs, but I enjoy using the Two-Notes interface for dialing them in better and it gives me more joy.

I'll never sell my AxeFX 3 tho unless its to upgrade to a newer model.

Last edited:
Curious - which chorus sound?

I like many of the cleans & chorus from the G-Major 2 and GT-Pro . I can get it very easily with the MXR Analog Chorus also. I'm sure I can with the AFX 3, I've heard it in videos but I have never successfully dialed one in.

I like many of the cleans & chorus from the G-Major 2 and GT-Pro . I can get it very easily with the MXR Analog Chorus also. I'm sure I can with the AFX 3, I've heard it in videos but I have never successfully dialed one in.
thx - I asked because I had struggled a bit to get certain mod sounds I hear in music - mainly flanger related - a breakthrough for me was to tweak the mods with the "auto" functions turned off which in some ways makes it harder to dial in musical settings, however, I did also found that having "auto" on was restricting me from getting to some target sounds.

Last edited:
thx - I asked because I had struggled a bit to get certain sounds I hear in music - mainly flanger related - a breakthrough for me was to tweak the mods with the "auto" functions turned off which in some ways makes it harder to dial in musical settings, however, I did also found that having "auto" on was restricting me from getting to some target sounds.

I'll try. I really like the AFX 3 but man, I'm just not a tinkerer and I don't understand 80% of the settings and what they do. I'm a knob person.

I'll try. I really like the AFX 3 but man, I'm just not a tinkerer and I don't understand 80% of the settings and what they do. I'm a knob person.

That's why this community is so killer; there's almost always someone who wants to take up a challenge, often times without even being asked, to help someone out here!

If you posted a clip, I bet it wouldn't be long before someone chimed in with some tips, or even a chorus block already dialed in.

I love my AxeIII, it has great FX in it. But there is magic in some of the boxes. Some of it can be heard ( crazy effects like the great destroyer, the blooper by chase bliss, JHS big cheese, Devi Ever Fuzzes have things ou cant get out of the axe)

But some of it is how it makes me feel when I plug it in. Plugging in my Analog man modded Tube screamer just plain makes me feel good, and play that way.

Then there is the added control when you have knobs and buttons to turn. Its just too fun!

That said, I have an FM3 that I can take to gigs and just plug into the house system and rawk.

My studio rig has an analog loop selector and a board on top, and on the floor. I love this rig.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 17
I love my AxeIII, it has great FX in it. But there is magic in some of the boxes. Some of it can be heard ( crazy effects like the great destroyer, the blooper by chase bliss, JHS big cheese, Devi Ever Fuzzes have things ou cant get out of the axe)

But some of it is how it makes me feel when I plug it in. Plugging in my Analog man modded Tube screamer just plain makes me feel good, and play that way.

Then there is the added control when you have knobs and buttons to turn. Its just too fun!

That said, I have an FM3 that I can take to gigs and just plug into the house system and rawk.

My studio rig has an analog loop selector and a board on top, and on the floor. I love this rig.

How do you like that Enzo? Is it polyphonic? Also how about the Geiger Counter Pro? Those are two pedals I have on my bucket list...

The Enzo has mono and poly modes. I like it … but I have the Boss SY-1 incoming. We will see which one wins, but the Enzo has a really fat tone, serious ears put that box together.

The Geiger … is a really destructive insane beautifully terrible pedal. It makes sounds beyond a mere bit crusher. That said, there are not a lot of times one can really use that kind of thing. ;)

Back
Top Bottom