effects spill over

Flyman1955

I am using a volume pedal globally and have no effects tails if i close the volume pedal. 2cm what do i do to get the effects to continue to tail.

I'm not looking at mine, but it sounds like you're controlling the output with the pedal. Switch it to control the input and your tails should go right on tailing when you cut the front end.

Since you're using the global volume you'll need to set it to <IN 1 PRE> in the setup menu. This will place the volume in front of your effects chain. Page 78 of the manual explains all of the global volume placement options in more depth.

he might want to use a jumper cable from Pre out to Post In and then he can have Pre and Post effects in the FX8, also placing the Volume pedal before the Delays etc, but after the Drives. a bit of an advanced technique, but not that bad if you understand what Pre and Post mean.

he might want to use a jumper cable from Pre out to Post In and then he can have Pre and Post effects in the FX8, also placing the Volume pedal before the Delays etc, but after the Drives. a bit of an advanced technique, but not that bad if you understand what Pre and Post mean.

That's a really good idea. I will use that trick down the road myself.

That's a really good idea. I will use that trick down the road myself.
I did that since day 1 and it worked out really well! If you usually plug into PA systems or the front of an amp only, you can still use the routing options, mostly for that volume pedal really. Of course, the entire unit is a Pre effect at that point.

i still am not having any luck getting effects spillover once global volume pedal is off. 2 cbm tried the suggestion that was made with no luck

Attachments

• IMG_3860.JPG
    IMG_3860.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 12
Make sure your effects blocks have their bypass mode set to "Mute FX In". That lets the tails ring out once the block is bypassed.

set the BYPASS mode of the Delay and Reverb blocks to MUTE FX IN. make sure they aren't changing XY states when changing Scenes too.

Back
Top Bottom