Effects Section of Forum

markmusicman

Experienced
I wasn't sure where to put this bought I saw someone else ask for this awhile ago and think its as good idea. It would be great to add a section in the forum just on effects. I use to run a forum and know this would be easy to add. Hopefully the right person will see this and make this change request. There are allot of effects in the Axe Fx and many ways to use them. I really think putting a place dedicated to effects in the forum would be a great way to organize effect discussions. I know I would love it, thanks for taking this into consideration.

No sure things will change, but it would be kind of nice to divide the "discussion" forum into sub-forums such as "effects", and "amps", and "general".... or something like that...

Exactly a section for amps, effects, we already have the cabs. Its great the way things are but it would be nice. The amp section would be cool to nice suggestion.

I wasnt really thinking presets what I mean is more of a discussion forum where we can discuss effects such as how to set up a good chorus or how do you use the drive effect and which drive do you use. What type of delay do you use basically questions like that. I know these are all things that can be covered in the Axe forum but I thought it would be cool to have one just to cover effects and possibly amps.

I totally agree. If I want to find a few tips concerning certain effect block, I have to type it in under "search" and then look through every thread that event doesn't point to at what I'm looking for in the thread title. Then to search through all the pages till I've found something useful...

The idea is great, offers much more system and structure.

And if I may ask, I would like an additional section, something "how to sound like X...(band or player, the thread titles could contain the name of the performer/band)". Instead of investigating everything through "search", this would be so much easier and helpful.

Yes totally agree about a separate Effects subforum! Makes it much easier to find things. Hopefully it will happen in the (near) future because many want this.

Yes please, some of those effects are have so many parameters, a forum might help make things clearer and give us ideas of how other people use them

I search often for subjects on effects, having an effects sub
forum would narrow down the search.

I think it would be nice to elucidate some "how to" regarding the use of effects.
Like:
-order in the effect signal chain (what goes before or after)
-series / parallel / merged
- mono or stereo
-emulating classic stomp box pedals

And if I may ask, I would like an additional section, something "how to sound like X...(band or player, the thread titles could contain the name of the performer/band)". Instead of investigating everything through "search", this would be so much easier and helpful.

I really like this idea too... Google is still our friend here, but I could see this forum being used to discuss certain recordings and what that artist/guitar player used specifically on that recording and/or live.. This would go a long way in helping us develop our use of the various amps/drives/effects in this magic box. AND, if the amp/effect that artist used isn't exactly available in the AXE FX, then perhaps what amps/effects are considered an acceptable substitute... ??

For instance, I love Vince Gill's tone on some songs etc. and I know it's a simple sounding tone, but it's very sweet... I know he plays "Little Walter" amps but what would be similar to that amp in the AXE? etc. etc.... I would love a dedicated discussion forum for this type of stuff... And I'm sure some of the tone guru's on this site probably have a lot of knowledge on the subjects...

Back
Top Bottom