Effects loop Question

If I were to use this as an effect only box (Axe-FX II XL) in my amps loop, would I need a Serial to Parallel mixer (like Suhr's Minimix II) to preserve my amps tone and keep part of the Analog signal? Or does the Axe allow some of the analog signal to pass through without any digital conversion?

Thanks,
Scott

If I were to use this as an effect only box (Axe-FX II XL) in my amps loop, would I need a Serial to Parallel mixer (like Suhr's Minimix II) to preserve my amps tone and keep part of the Analog signal? Or does the Axe allow some of the analog signal to pass through without any digital conversion?

Thanks,
Scott

You can maintain a "through" audio pathway on the grid from the input straight to the output (but that would still be digitally converted), or you could go right through the effects and simply wet/dry mix them to suit your needs. Either way, this isn't a "tone robbing" device. IMHO, you don't need an outboard mixer to preserve your amp's full tone and frequency response. The AXE FX faithfully handles a larger frequency response than your amp can produce.

Back
Top Bottom