Effects Grid Utilization

Moeed Kazi

Inspired
Hello There,

Have couple of queries.

1. How do we utilize the second row of the grid connected to the first, I have utilized all 14 blocks, now I want the 13 block to get connected to the some more effects in series before is goes to output 1.

Input1>WAH>Phaser>Compressor>AMP1>CAB1>Enhancer>Chorus>Flanger>Volume>Delay>PlexDelay>Reverb>Output1

Now if I need to add one more pedal in series and continue with the chain, how do I do it?

Currently I am utilizing the parallel technique of signal routing, like chorus and flanger are parallel.

2. What is the difference between Series and Parallel wiring, how does it affect the sound.

3. How do we assign mix of PEQ or Graphic EQ to an expression pedal? Like we can control the mix of delay via expression pedal. I would like the EQ to fade in and out during a solo via expression pedal.

1. How do we utilize the second row of the grid connected to the first, I have utilized all 14 blocks, now I want the 13 block to get connected to the some more effects in series before is goes to output 1.
End the first row with an FX Send (SND) Block, and then start the next row with an FX Return (RTN) block. Set the RTN blocks "Return Level" parameter to 100. Check page 133-134 of the manual for a more detailed description.

2. What is the difference between Series and Parallel wiring, how does it affect the sound.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/wicked-wiki-12-parallel-paths.49482/

3. How do we assign mix of PEQ or Graphic EQ to an expression pedal? Like we can control the mix of delay via expression pedal. I would like the EQ to fade in and out during a solo via expression pedal.
For a block lacking a mix control, you could probably use a Mixer block (page 98 of the manual) to achieve a similar result.
  1. Put your EQ based effect in a parallel path in one row, leave an empty shunt in the main row of your preset below it, and then add a Mixer block in the main row after those.
  2. Next add an expression pedal modifier to the "Row # Gain" control with the number that corresponds to the row number of your main signal path (the one with the shunt in it preceding the Mixer block) and set it so min is "100" max of "0" (i.e. we want heel down set the mixer knob for that row full up).
  3. Finally add a modifier for the same external controller to the "Row # Gain" knob containing your EQ effect, set it to min 0 max 100 (so that toe down goes full up).
Now moving from heel down to toe up on your expression pedal should turn up the Mix for the row with the EQ in it, while simultaneously turning down the contribution of your unaffected main row, and then returning to heel down should turn down your affected row and turn back up your unaffected row... similar to how a mix knob on a block works.

Here's an example preset of that (using external 1 as the expression pedal source):

Attachments

• example.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
End the first row with an FX Send (SND) Block, and then start the next row with an FX Return (RTN) block. Set the RTN blocks "Return Level" parameter to 100. Check page 133-134 of the manual for a more detailed description.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/wicked-wiki-12-parallel-paths.49482/

for a block lacking a mix control, you could probably use a mixer block to achieve a similar result. Put your eq effect in a parallel path in one row, levee an empty shut in the main row of your preset below it, and then ad a Mixer block in the main row after those. Add an expression pedal modifier the "Row # Gain" parameter of your main row number and set it with a min of 100 max of 0 (i.e. so that heel down set the mixer knob for that row full up). Then add a modifier for the same external control to the "Row # Gain" know containing your EQ effect, set it to min 0 max 100 so that toe down goes full up.

Here's an example preset of that (using external 1 as the expression pedal source):

Much appreciate it H C E, you ain't a veteran just like that. :)

Back
Top Bottom