Effects Blocks Distorting???

Cory508

Inspired
Hey Guys, i have creating a Preset with more than 12 Effects Blocks for the FX loop of my Mesa Amp (i'm using NO Axe Amp/Cab sims, many of the EFFECTS are routed in parallel, I'm now trying to mix the effects but even with all effects bypassed, the out1 on the Ultra is major distorting even at as little as 9 o'clock. I read that you were supposed to "turn the effect level down and mix all the way up when routing fx in Parallel mode" but it's hideously distorted, what do you think i'm missing :?: :? :? :geek:

P.S. When i Delete Effect Blocks, the Distorted signal Starts to clean up, but surely theres a way to set the Ultra up the way i want right?

whatever you are adding is boosting the signal you just have to lower the master volume in the output block until you don't see any clipping.

try bypassing all effects and engage one at a time until you find the source. If running parallel effects, you are getting an exponential increase in volume as the shunt and effect block contribute to the overall output level (thus the suggestion to decrease the level of the effect while giving it 100% mix).
Effects such as wah and perhaps phaser should be reduced as much as -10db.
If each effect is leveled from left to right - you should b able to eliminate clipping.

That's correct, your output gain consists of the sum of all the parallel chains. Personally I find it easiest to terminate all parallel routes into a Mixer block from which I can mix down easily from a single location. This can also be done in the Output block but then you cannot add a common effect block to all. I also got used to doing it this way because previous versions of Axe-Edit had a habit of freezing my Ultra when editing the Input and Output blocks.

The vast majority of your clipping (if not all of it) is likely not occurring until you get to the point where they are joined into a single route. It is at this point that all of the gains are added together pushing it over the top.

Back
Top Bottom