"Effect Only" Presets for download

dumbeat

Inspired
Wondering if anyone is using and approaching this or the Axe FXIII as a Studio multi Effect unit not for Guitar. For Vocals, Drum, all the rest.
If so, are there any good Preset packs for download as a starting point?

Would Just be a bit of a tedious work that many would appreciate, disabling all the amps and cabinets and focusing reverbs, delays and modulators instead.
So Curious if this even exists.

I usually split my signal so amp/cab go to Output 1 and both bypassed on Output 2. This gives me a 1/4" path to any amp and treats the FM3 as an effects only device, while Output 1 has both on.

1/4" out 2 = Effects board
XLR out 1 = The full monte.

Last edited:
I usually split my signal so amp/cab go to Output 1 and both bypassed on Output 2. This gives me a 1/4" path to any amp and treats the FM3 as an effects only device, while Output 1 has both on.

1/4" out 2 = Effects board
XLR out 1 = The full monte.
Would you be able to upload a demo preset of this idea?

My laptop is annoyngly in the shop so I can't upload a preset. This ought to help. All you're doing is simply crating a parallel line that bypasses the amp and cab block.

1686911400313.png

Wondering if anyone is using and approaching this or the Axe FXIII as a Studio multi Effect unit not for Guitar. For Vocals, Drum, all the rest.
If so, are there any good Preset packs for download as a starting point?

Would Just be a bit of a tedious work that many would appreciate, disabling all the amps and cabinets and focusing reverbs, delays and modulators instead.
So Curious if this even exists.
The modelers make great effects units, and there are many people who only use them for their effects and rely on their existing tube amp(s) and associated cab(s) for the rest. But preset packs focus on the primary use of the modelers, as guitar rigs, so they include the Amp and Cab blocks, since those are the primary building blocks of the sound for the primary audience. For your purpose, as effects for a studio or at least non-guitar, simply bypassing the amp and cab blocks will make the preset more suitable.

To start, look through the factory presets, find ones that do interesting things, bypass the Amp and Cab, and run the different instrument signals through the modeler and see what you think. Replace those two blocks with shunts and you can add additional effects blocks with the reclaimed CPU cycles. At that point I’d save them to separate slots for reuse.

Forum members @Burgs and @simeon have some great blocks and presets you should look into. I don’t think you will find dedicated packs for your idea, but repurposing presets would be easy. @Cooper Carter and @Admin M@ probably have some experience with this too.

As far as being tedious, I find that turning off blocks is not a big deal, instead finding the target presets takes a lot more time. Once you have identified suitable presets then you can use Edit’s ability to batch-set the bypass settings to disable the two main blocks, and even then global settings can disable cab and power amp modeling globally, resulting with only preamp modeling occurring.

Last edited:
Actually, that helps, thank you!
Awsome. This is what my pea brain needs: simple and no thought during a show.

Alternately, you can assign the bypass of the amp and cab to the same control switch and place a global (not per preset) button somewhere where you can easily bypass both with a single stomp.

Back
Top Bottom