Edo U2 Commercial Packs

I would also love to hear how they translate as this is the sound I'm after. Not gonna pay for a pack and then find the cpu disables stuff though as I'm still a newbie and wouldn't know yet what settings to tweak.

How many amp. and cab. blocks can you have on the AX8, is it limited to one each? A lot of Edo's presets use dual amp. and cab. blocks.

Hi Ebenflood

We play a few U2 songs and I'm a big U2 fan. Could you please let us all know how the presets you bought translate to the AX8. I'm keen to buy a few (Pride, Streets, Sunday and Beautiful) but want to make sure they work before I spend the coin.

Not off to a great start. FracTool crashed during conversion of all presets except "stuck in a moment" Plenty of room for operator error here as I haven't done much conversion from Ax-FX to AX8 before. Fractool is up to date.

I am able to view the preset layout in fractool and export to PDF which gives me access to all the settings. Would be extremely time consuming to rebuild them this way.

What about the ones that use say 2 amps and cabs, Do they sound any weaker in your opinion?
Did the AX8 have any CPU problems with any of the presets?
Thanks

What about the ones that use say 2 amps and cabs, Do they sound any weaker in your opinion?
Did the AX8 have any CPU problems with any of the presets?
Thanks
I ended up going with mono cabs. I prefer that sound anyway. EDO's dual amp's are subtly different but mostly AC30's with similar settings except for preamp tubes (as far as I can tell). It seems as he has simulated Edge's rig for a particular tour for each set of presets so the amps don't change much if at all through the set. The single amp AX8 versions sound pretty badass.

I was pleasantly surprised that only a handful of the presets had CPU issues. All of which could be solved by lowering echo density on verb or switching to spring verb. Many of the presets had no cpu issues at all.

Overall I am happy and I would buy another set. Thanks EDO!

Back
Top Bottom