Editing user cab names on Axe edit

got the hi gain essential pack & ended up replacing all the 100 user cabs.
Edited the name of the files before putting them in and then again in axe edit as the names of the files are too long and cannot be read.
On saving ,only 5-10 of the edited names have changed while others still retain the long filename.
Any one else dealing with this problem?

I asked the developer to look into this. Anyone else noticed this?

I'm pretty sure I saw this when renaming cabs in Axe-Edit. In Axe-Edit, make sure that you click enter after you rename the cab (before you right click another cab).

In Windows Explorer, etc. you can rename a file/folder and then right click another file/folder without hitting enter and the file/folder will be renamed. In Axe-Edit I'm pretty sure I did this same thing for a few cabs but also clicked enter after renaming a few other cabs. All of the cabs appeared to have been renamed before I clicked save. After clicking save however, only the cabs I clicked enter after renaming were actually renamed. The ones where I did not click enter after renaming reverted back to their original names. Seems like clicking enter was necessary to get the rename to commit.

I asked the developer to look into this. Anyone else noticed this?
Yes. If user renames before drag/drop to Axe-Edit, it doesn't take in AE and user has to rename again in AE.

On another note, it would've been proactive/common sense to establish a standard for naming cabs before everyone started creating IRs. Without that, it really slows down picking cabs within cab manage.

IMO, Fractal's naming convention makes the most sense to me. Way easier to spot/organize cabs when they start with 1x8, 1x12, 2x12, etc. I use the Lemur axe editor to receive cabs from AE and audition quickly. If a cab name starts with 1x10, 1x12 etc, the Lemur template auto colors the user cabs buttons, so there's two visual cues for quick cab selection/audition. Speeds things up a lot, but having to name 2X is a pain.

Back
Top Bottom