Editing Scenes

Jalevinemd

Inspired
I am still a little used to the old firmware where everything was done with the FX8 on the Footswitch Page. I don't use FX Edit and do all of my Preset and Scene editing on the unit itself. With the new firmware, I'm having trouble editing Scenes. I don't understand how to add or remove a block from a Scene when my screen looks like this:

FullSizeRender-6.jpg

Do you add and remove blocks from a Scene using the Config Page? That's not how the manual describes it. From the manual, it sounds like you need to be on the Footswitch Page. But, my Footswitch Page no longer contains the block names that are in each of the Scenes.

Last edited:
you don't add and remove blocks from Scenes, exactly. you add/remove from the entire Preset.

but yes, you would do all of that on the Config page.

the FS page is now completely separate from the Config page and only deals with what the switches control.

i forgot how much i show the Front panel on this, but check out this video that focuses on the changes (skip the beginning about backing up):

and this one for some other recent visual changes:

But what if you decide you don't want an effect in one scene but want it in another after the scenes have been created. If deleting the block from the scene effectively deletes it from the whole preset, then it won't be available for any other scenes.

Is this correct?

But what if you decide you don't want an effect in one scene but want it in another after the scenes have been created. If deleting the block from the scene effectively deletes it from the whole preset, then it won't be available for any other scenes.

Is this correct?
yes. scenes ONLY change on/off and xy, for the most part. the Preset is where you choose what blocks are available.

if you don't want an effect in a Scene, just bypass it/turn it off. but you can't swap it out with a completely new block, nor can you change the values within the block from Scene to Scene.

many people refer to Scenes is "preset within a preset" but it's really not true at all. it's not a preset. it turns things on and off and changes XY.

yes. scenes ONLY change on/off and xy, for the most part. the Preset is where you choose what blocks are available.

if you don't want an effect in a Scene, just bypass it/turn it off. but you can't swap it out with a completely new block, nor can you change the values within the block from Scene to Scene.

many people refer to Scenes is "preset within a preset" but it's really not true at all. it's not a preset. it turns things on and off and changes XY.

But with the previous firmware, all 8 blocks of mine were visible on the screen in a particular preset. To turn one block on or off for any one scene was accomplished simply by pressing the foot switch for that particular block to activate or deactivate the block and saving the scene again. The block wasn't removed from the preset simply because I turned it off in one scene. It was still available for any other scene. This is no longer possible?

But with the previous firmware, all 8 blocks of mine were visible on the screen in a particular preset. To turn one block on or off for any one scene was accomplished simply by pressing the foot switch for that particular block to activate or deactivate the block and saving the scene again. The block wasn't removed from the preset simply because I turned it off in one scene. It was still available for any other scene. This is no longer possible?
i'm assuming by "all 8 blocks were visible" you mean they were on (what used to be called) the FX page.

now it's the FS page. you can have the entire FS page blank, yet you still have all 8 blocks doing Drive, Reverb, Chorus, etc. the FS page controls the Switches ONLY.

please. watch the 1st video i linked.

what appears on the FS page has nothing to do with what you hear (except for on vs off status of course). in the current firmware, the block doesn't get removed because you turn it off in one Scene. i'm not sure where you got that from.

Chris,

Thanks so much. Your video answered my question. I didn't know that hitting the Enter button on a highlighted block on the Config Page would turn it on or off. Now I'm pretty sure I have a handle on editing my Scenes using the Config Page. Gonna try a few things tomorrow.

you don't add and remove blocks from Scenes, exactly. you add/remove from the entire Preset.

but yes, you would do all of that on the Config page.

the FS page is now completely separate from the Config page and only deals with what the switches control.

i forgot how much i show the Front panel on this, but check out this video that focuses on the changes (skip the beginning about backing up):

and this one for some other recent visual changes:

This Videos COOOOOL !!

Back
Top Bottom