EBMM Sabre Opinions Wanted

Ah, just pulled the trigger on it. Ya only live once and it should be fun.
Very nice! Congrats.
You can't go wrong with EBMM. I've got Ibanez Prestige, Fender AO, vintage Guilds, Martins, and the EBMM hangs at the top of the pile. The feel of the neck and the pickups in that thing are a cut above.

Be aware that the EBMM's have a 1 5/8" nut width and that the skinny necks throw some players with bigger hands off. That said, the Sabre is the only EBMM production model that has the more common 1 11/16" nut width.
So does the Majesty.

So you haven't used one or realise what it can do. I am also a full time repair tech 32 years now and can do my own fretwork pretty well too (there are threads on here). It can for instance copy the exact relief of your favourite guitar and cut it on a different guitar, or cut a compound radius in the frets. Correct for a truss rod that doesn't have the relief in the right spot.ETC
But it's a tool and it needs a skilled knowledgable operator like any computer junk in junk out.
Apparently Gary Brawer must be a hack... ;)

So how are things with the Sabre? I've been eyeing several on Reverb and used one just came up at a relatively local shop for a good price.
Excellent. Love the sound and feel of it. You can dial in some real glassy cleans and get dirty with it as well. Glad I purchased it before they replaced them with the HT models. Rock solid and a looker too! Only thing I have had to do is change the strings a couple of times :)

Excellent. Love the sound and feel of it. You can dial in some real glassy cleans and get dirty with it as well. Glad I purchased it before they replaced them with the HT models. Rock solid and a looker too! Only thing I have had to do is change the strings a couple of times :)
Cool. The trem stays in tune nicely?

Cool. The trem stays in tune nicely?
It does. I don't do use it aggressively {divebombs} but for what I do it is smooth, stable and comes back in tune without having to bump the bar sharp like some systems. The only minor negative is the bent steel saddles and the adjustment screws, but that complaint is really a non-issue for me. I have heard some say they prefer to change them out for a smoother feel while resting on the bridge.

Back
Top Bottom