Easy way to audition amps

Jarick

Experienced
I'm about two months in with the AX8 and tonight found a nice way to audition amps, based on some stuff I read today. I've got a few I like, but I really want to try them all and take notes.

I found it's distracting to work in AX8-Edit, so I set up a new patch and routed just an amp and cabinet. I'm using an Ownhammer V30 impulse that seems to work with a lot of different amps, nothing too extreme. Obviously could change out for something else.

Anyway, I set up a filter block before the amp to take the level down 15 dB and assigned it to a footswitch. That seems to let me know which amps clean up the best fairly easily.

From there, I go to the amp block and just use the E knob to scroll through and play. I can quickly compare one with the other without many distractions. Shift + double tap Edit to reset the settings on the amp block if I tweak the knobs.

I would love it - if when connect to AX8-Edit - the BANK up/down footswitches would + - the model of the block that is currently selected for editing.

Back
Top Bottom