Easy tip for those who hate mud on high-gain sounds.

I know tis an old thread;-) but ive only just tried this tip and old or not it works:) im pumping up the bass in the post amp graphic really high and cutting lots from the pre amp graphic.. dont know why this works but it does im also turning up the low cut in the amp very high but im getting great sounds rivalling my tube amps. ..finally ;-)

Talk about necrobump

And now that I'm reading it again, I see that I accidentally wrote low pass instead of high pass filter. And actually I tend to (and always have with the Axe) use shelving more than a high pass anyway, so I dunno WTF I was thinking when I wrote that. Bit late to sneak in an edit? :lol:

Similar idea to using bass cutting ODs like TSs and such in front, or just the way you'd generally EQ a Mark series amp for heavier tones. Less bass up front, more after the gain stages.

In the Axe, I tend to just low pass with a filter block if I like a tone but need to tighten it up a bit. If I want to colour the sound a bit more, then I'll look at GEQ/PEQ work out front to boost or cut particular freqs, or a drive block.

I totally agree. When I first got the Axe I noticed when compared to my other gear it was muddy and boomy. As soon as I threw a TS in front of it, problem solved. Even that latest VH11 patch needed something.

Back
Top Bottom