Easy (probably dumb) question

RickTN

Inspired
Just got my new AXE...all updated and setup with my Mastermind GT22........all working well........how would I only use headphones and shut off output to speakers no matter which preset? (to remain married)

at present headphones and speaker output volume all controlled with same OUTPUT LEVEL 1 knob on front of AXE

Yes, headphones and Out 1 jacks share the Out 1 level knob. You could use the Echo function to send Out 2 to your monitors with their own volume knob. But perhaps you could turn off your speakers when you use headphones?

What are you plugging the Axefx into? You could turn off your speakers and just plug headphones into the Axe.
Powered studio monitors....I was hoping for something a little more high-tech than having to turn the speakers of manually......but I can do that if it's only way

What Chris said.

Another way is run through a DAW, which is what I do at my home studio.

I leave my FRFR speakers at the rehearsal/gig spot, and use a couple Yamaha HS80's 8" studio monitors, or Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro headphones, depending on whether I want to hear monitors or keep things quiet. The FRFR Out1 goes directly to the DAW, to the computer, so I can mix in backing tracks to rehearse against, when I want to.

Last edited:
What Chris said.

Another way is run through a DAW, which is what I do at my home studio.

I leave my FRFR speakers at the rehearsal/gig spot, and use a couple Yamaha HS80's 8" studio monitors, or Behringer DT880 Pro headphones, depending on whether I want to hear monitors or keep things quiet. The FRFR Out1 goes directly to the DAW, to the computer, so I can mix in backing tracks to rehearse against, when I want to.
That will be my next big project. Right now I don't have a DAW setup in my music room.....I have everything else I need in place including a pretty powerful computer....just never had the time or right situation to record stuff.....once I get the Fractal figured out a bit more then I'll get into some DAW software (prob ProTools from what I read)

Back
Top Bottom