Easiest way to compare 2 presets?

Matt_B_77

Power User
Hello folks, I've got a 2 presets on the Axe-FX that should same pretty much the same but there is something noticeably different about them.

I've tried copying over the block that I thought might affect this (Amp, Drive, Cab) but the difference is still there. To be clear, the other blocks should be the same (Delay, Verb and Enhancer).

I'm not looking for suggestions on what might be making them sound different but rather a simple way to compare their parameters. In other words I want to "diff" the two presets in some way.

Please advise.

Hello folks, I've got a 2 presets on the Axe-FX that should same pretty much the same but there is something noticeably different about them.

I've tried copying over the block that I thought might affect this (Amp, Drive, Cab) but the difference is still there. To be clear, the other blocks should be the same (Delay, Verb and Enhancer).

I'm not looking for suggestions on what might be making them sound different but rather a simple way to compare their parameters. In other words I want to "diff" the two presets in some way.

Please advise.

I'm using the app "Beyond Compare" to compare two files.
Export the 2 (files to be compared) *.csv-files from the Axe-Edit.
Using drag&drop you can put the exported files into the two app-windows (left, right).
It makes it very easy to compare, if you choose the option "only show differences" in the app.
Much more convenient than Excel.
I'm using the app for decades.
Even to compare presets, since I'm using the Fractal gear.

Regards
Mike

Thanks folks! I know there was a way to do but for the life me couldn't recall how.

That beyond compare looks great. I'm used to "diffing" files at work but that's done in the software itself. I'd rather have the program show me only the differences instead of looking for them by hand.

Back
Top Bottom