Earthquake anyone?

I survived the "big one" in LA back in the 90s, haha ! until then I was an earthquake virgin so to speak and after the first one you quickly get used to all the others... ;)

I'm slightly disappointed that the Eastern Seaboard didn't fracture and break away from the rest of the country or DC didn't crash into the Potomac like Atlantis.

I have felt a couple of magnitude 1-2's around here, since there is a fault system just down the road under Columbia, Maryland that was actively shaking off micro-quakes during the 90's. Those were occasional dish rattlers. This one was different. Heavy lateral waves from South to North that knocked stuff off the top shelves. Since I live 10 minutes away from BWI, I thought air crash and ran outside after the shaking stopped to see what was on fire.

Last edited:
Obviously none of you people that live around the New Madrid fault line didn't get the memo... You need to put your tinfoil hat on and listen up. Comet Eleinan is responsible for it all, it's coming to an end so put your head between your legs and kiss your Axe good by :lol .

Last edited:
was working on a 4th floor rooftop in westchester,ny when it hit.just finished cutting 2 4ftX4ft holes in the roof for A/C units.started setting the roof curbs and then the whole thing started shaking side to side.i was thinking "what the f--- are they moving around in the tenant space,holy crap."then someone yelled up "earthquake".it was more of a tremor though.lasted about 30secs.the people in Cali must be laughing at us.it was over before we realised what happened.:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom