Earnie Ball Jr.?

jumperboy

I'm sure this has been answered, but I just cannot seem to find it.

I would like to experiment using my ole Earnie Ball Volume Pedal, but I can't seem to get it to work. Can anyone point me to instructions for setting this up?

Thank you,

-J

need a trs insert cable (stereo 1/4, two mono 1/4's) I use 2 juniors with my fx1, then calibrate it on the controller or axe.

dave

dpeterson said:
need a trs insert cable (stereo 1/4, two mono 1/4's) I use 2 juniors with my fx1, then calibrate it on the controller or axe.

dave

Got it. Can't seem to make it work. I'll try again tomorrow...

See 'ya,
-J

jumperboy said:
dpeterson said:

dave

Got it. Can't seem to make it work. I'll try again tomorrow...

See 'ya,
-J

did you swap the ends? in and outs? i cant remember which one needs to be where, but it only works one way... thats why the mission pedals have the switch to flip it. are you plugging directly into the axe? or into a foot controller?

dpeterson said:
did you swap the ends? in and outs? i cant remember which one needs to be where, but it only works one way... thats why the mission pedals have the switch to flip it. are you plugging directly into the axe? or into a foot controller?

Ha! That was it!

Thanks!
-J

I'll be going direct into the Axe, so I'm guessing the stereo end goes into Pedal 1 on the Axe and the 1/4 inch mono's go into the in and out on the Ernie Ball?

Thanks

Which pedal are you guys using? The 250k or 25k? Also does the axe actualy have a calibrate funcation or did you just mean the learn option so the axe assignes it a channel?

I bought the 250k jr but replaced the pot with linear 50k.

Axe-Fx has both learn and calibration features.

I have the Ernie Ball 6181 VPJR expression pedal, hooked up to 'expression 1' on the Ultra and did the calibration .. didn't see anything to indicate it had detected anything and wasn't getting any affect on the wah. I flipped the in/out on the VPJR and tried the calibration and wah control again. Still nothing. I know the pedal is ok as it works great with my Eventide Timefactor .. what am I doing wrong ?

Is 50k linear the suggested pot?

Benson did you make sure to assign the pedal to control the sweep on the wah?

brokenvail said:
Is 50k linear the suggested pot?

Benson did you make sure to assign the pedal to control the sweep on the wah?

Ah .. I suspect not .. I couldn't see an option for that on the software editor.

benson said:
I have the Ernie Ball 6181 VPJR expression pedal, hooked up to 'expression 1' on the Ultra and did the calibration .. didn't see anything to indicate it had detected anything and wasn't getting any affect on the wah. I flipped the in/out on the VPJR and tried the calibration and wah control again. Still nothing. I know the pedal is ok as it works great with my Eventide Timefactor .. what am I doing wrong ?

In the end I picked up a couple of Boss FV500L pedals and they seem to work better and don't require a TRS cable.

Back
Top Bottom