Early Yngwie?

Try the Yngwie preset...I have tried it and it is close, maybe with a small amount of tweak, it could be perfect. It really depends on you, your guitar, and your speakers...A bit of EQ and you are right there. Good Luck!

Another element to the formula is the Red Wirez G12T-75 ir. I used my YJM Strat, Plexi sim, and the T-75 ir and without dialing anything in it was already in the ballpark.

Yeah, don't forget that that the pickups Yngwie has and uses are very far from regular strat pickups. Otherwise, the Plexi 2 sim, Red Wirez Marshall with G12-75T and a boost pedal will get you there.

Unobtainium said:
Thanks will look into it.

Anyone know how to replicate the YJM308 pedal, based on the DOD250 overdrive?

The vintage DOD250 would be a great booster addition to Axe-Fx arsenal. A TS808 can do similar with level cranked and no drive. But a lot less gain than the DOD and quite different sound :(

Agreed. The DD250 is a much nicer pedal than the TS808 in my opinion. Never been a real fan of them.

Ive tried to pull an Yngwie tone and come close but the problem is that Yngwie's tone is probably one of the most valve saturated guitar tones on the planet and it is very hard to emulate digitally for ANY unit built to date.

Prove me wrong :D Please!

Steve.

One thing (that you probably know about but what the heck) also affects his tone is that he has .008 strings and tunes down a half step. The lows get very "rubbery" for a lack of a better word. I also imagine this makes it easier to play at Yngwie's speeds :)

dpeterson said:
there are tons of schematics online.

yeah, guess someone could take me literally and actually mail one to Cliff ;)

On the other hand, then maybe he would feel more obligated! :twisted:

Hank said:
dpeterson said:

dangit i was on the hunt for one ;) now finding one would be difficult.. and they are kind of pricey as well. i was thinking of modding my yjm to the old specs, just havent got around to it.

dpeterson said:
Hank said:
dpeterson said:

dangit i was on the hunt for one ;) now finding one would be difficult.. and they are kind of pricey as well. i was thinking of modding my yjm to the old specs, just havent got around to it.

Really? It's been a while since I've looked but they were going for dirt cheap at the time.

acwild said:
Really? It's been a while since I've looked but they were going for dirt cheap at the time.

Vintage DOD 250 Overdrive Pedal Gray 1970's Distortion 0 Bids $450.00

another one on there for 700 or something stupid.. :)

The analog man pedal is really good by the way. I am not a tube screamer fan but the analog man YJM mod is a great frequency boost pedal.

Would be great to see it on the AFX.

Back
Top Bottom