Early Rolling Stones Amps?

vkinetic

Inspired
Does anyone know what amps Keith Richards was using for 19th Nervous Breakdown and The Last Time? I've searched for old vids on YouTube but none of them show any amps (most are mimed). I am presuming they would be Fenders of Voxes.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Found several references online to Fender Tweed Champ and Harvard amps he used in the early 60's. Found a 1964 video of Carol where it looks like he's playing a Fender Super Reverb but it may have been a provided backline so who knows?

I use Austin Buddy's VibroVerb preset with compression and slapback in my cover band version.

Found several references online to Fender Tweed Champ and Harvard amps he used in the early 60's. Found a 1964 video of Carol where it looks like he's playing a Fender Super Reverb but it may have been a provided backline so who knows?

I use Austin Buddy's VibroVerb preset with compression and slapback in my cover band version.

Thanks so much mate - I have Austin Buddy's amp pack as well so I'll check out the Vibroverb. I just needed somewhere to start and you've helped me bigtime - thanks so much

Sorry, I just had a chance to power up my AX8 and I am using the Double Reverb Nrm amp in my preset. Vibroverb may be a little bottom heavy but
still a sweet preset. Bad brains on this end.....

No worries - I found that too (a bit too much bottom end). I ended up using Austin Buddy's '64 Super Reverb preset (based on Super Reverb Vib with a 4 x 10 Super Reverb mix cab) and I used the famous 666 eq settings (2 for bass, 3 for mids and 6 for treble). Sort of funny that I gravitated to that preset - my amp was a Super Reverb Re-Issue until I bought the AX8. Added lots of reverb and that was it for Last Time. For 19th Nervous Breakdown I used the same preset but with a bit of compression and a mild tremolo (and lots of reverb of course). I haven't tried them with the band yet (I use a couple of Yamaha DXR10s live), and no doubt they will be tweaked. But really they're just very basic presets - but if you want them let me know and I'll upload them.

Thanks again for setting me in the right direction!

Back
Top Bottom