Early reflections stereo reverb for headphones use

Arcio

Hi guys, when I'm playing on headphones i'm connecting AXE FX output into Zoom B1 just because of its amazing stereo Early Reflections effect
I've been wanting to get rid of it for a long time, because I'm aware I can get the same thing or even better in fractal and I tried so many times but sadly with no luck.

So the question is, what parameters in the reverb block should I focus on to achieve this effect?

1699006287726.jpg

According to the release notes, fw23 (beta 6) just announced has improved early reflections. Maybe give that a try.

Can you post a recording of a dry fractal sound with the early reflections from the zoom unit?

ZOOM = Fractal Reverb Block

Decay = Early Decay

Shape = Size

Tone = EQ page (not sure about if Zoom only EQ’ the early reflection or the whole reverb )

Mix = Late Input Mix (since I assume Zoom means only the early reflections)(see picture from linked website)

My best bet from this page https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Reverb_block#Mix

To match it accurately, I’d take a long impulse response of the Zoom and compare it to the fractal (a whole can of worms)

View in Room Eq wizard….. or just use your ears 👍🏻

Anyone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong

On a personal note, I’d ditch the zoom altogether because it adds another layer of A/D conversions and processing aka latency

Attachments

• IMG_2170.jpeg
    IMG_2170.jpeg
    374 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
+1 for a sound clip, that would help

Here's another idea, go into the Room/Air of the cab block:

Room Level = mix
Room Size = decay time
Room Shape = shape
HF Damping = tone
Room Diffusion = reverb vs echo
Mic Spacing = stereo width

I'll second @Jarick, use the Room/Air page in the Cab block. Much more effective at creating a 'better' headphone experience than using the Reverb block in my experience.

Have you messed around with the FullRes IR's? There are some in the Legacy bank at the very end. Put them in the cab block slots 3 and 4. Pan one hard left and one hard right, then mix them lower than your main IR(s) in the first two slots. Depending on your CPU usage they are great to use with headphones.

Hi guys, when I'm playing on headphones i'm connecting AXE FX output into Zoom B1 just because of its amazing stereo Early Reflections effect
I've been wanting to get rid of it for a long time, because I'm aware I can get the same thing or even better in fractal and I tried so many times but sadly with no luck.

So the question is, what parameters in the reverb block should I focus on to achieve this effect?

View attachment 129135
Try this block....

Back
Top Bottom