• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Early 90s Dino Cazares Tone. How close am I?

I drop tuned my old Ibanez RG a while back and I've been writing a lot of material on it. I'm trying to go for a tone that's somewhere between Dino Cazares tone on the Concrete Demo for Fear Factory and Soul of the New Machine. I like the warmness of his tone on that demo, but maybe just a TAD less muddy and more clear would be great. I'm really trying to avoid the typical "djent" tone and go for something that's more raw.

Am I using too much mids here? I know Dino probably but I have no idea how he got it to sound so "punchy" and thick and not harsh. I'm using the 6505 block (the only high gain amp I can work with effectively honestly) and when I turn down the mids it just kind of makes it sound weaker.

Attachments

• u_m_6505 Death Metal.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom