Dynamics while using AxeFX2 with a PA+cab

It's not about loudness at all, it's just getting lost in the mix. I found that often the amps, at the same volume, feel more present in the room and just mask the sound from my FRFR monitors.
That's the opposite of what happen to me. My Matrix Q12a paired with real amps litterally destroys them in term of cutting through the mix.

It's not about loudness at all, it's just getting lost in the mix. I found that often the amps, at the same volume, feel more present in the room and just mask the sound from my FRFR monitors.

Yeah definitely man, it's helpful even just thinking through it on here! I'll play around with it when I get home and see how that affects things.
Getting lost in a mix can usually comes from scooping the mids. Guitars generally want to reside in the mid to mid high region. In my amp block, low cut is on, bass is cut to around 2, mid is set to 5 to 7, treble on 5 or so. I play with brightness and presence until I like it. Presence is my friend. I kill everything below 100hz and everything above 5 to 8k, depending on the tone I'm going for. Most of my amp's master volumes are on 10 and then I adjust the amp block's volume level to -8, -10, -12, -16 whatever is needed. I use a mesa 2:50 power amp going into a 4 x 12 guitar cab and use speaker blocks that match my cab setup, right down to lo and hi cut. My cab speaker specs show 75hz to 5k specs. I still low cut to 100 and hi cut to 5k in the cab block. I also found I don't like Hi Res cabs setting at all. You just have to experiment, as we all are looking for a tone.

Back
Top Bottom