Wish Dynamic EQ

+1

The cool thing about dynamic EQ - if I understand it correctly - is that it can boost as well as cut. A cool use for that might be to fatten up high notes. I've seen this done with vocals. You might boost 500Hz via a 2kHz trigger, and maybe at the same time cut 2kHz with a 2kHz trigger.

+1 built in EQ dynamics control, kemper has a ducking control on literally every effect block, and I thought it was weird at first, but having the effect (any effect!) disappear or reappear with picking strength, on one knob that's always there, literally every single effect is getting it now, EQ especially.

With an amp when you brush lightly you get the high end glass, and if you dig in the high end smooshes down with the gain, a dynamic high shelf at 2.5k gives you that exact thing just like the real thing, as much as you want of it

+1

The cool thing about dynamic EQ - if I understand it correctly - is that it can boost as well as cut. A cool use for that might be to fatten up high notes. I've seen this done with vocals. You might boost 500Hz via a 2kHz trigger, and maybe at the same time cut 2kHz with a 2kHz trigger.

👍 imagine a threshold knob on every band of the parametric

+1 built in EQ dynamics control, kemper has a ducking control on literally every effect block, and I thought it was weird at first, but having the effect (any effect!) disappear or reappear with picking strength, on one knob that's always there, literally every single effect is getting it now, EQ especially.

With an amp when you brush lightly you get the high end glass, and if you dig in the high end smooshes down with the gain, a dynamic high shelf at 2.5k gives you that exact thing just like the real thing, as much as you want of it
You have the Envelope follower... But that (ducking) isn't exactly what this wish is for.

The wish allows that per frequency band.

Edit:

After re-reading your post and the one that followed, I think you got it already :)

I've messed with this a bit by attaching an envelope filter to the frequency parameters. It's pretty fun.

The one thing my real amps do that the models don't is change EQ based on dynamics. I got a pretty similar effect by adding an eq, with the gain set to about 2db, and the frequency following the envelope with a max of 2200 hz when playing your hardest, and 750 hz when playing your softest.

The stuff fractal products can do is crazy. It is way too much fun to use them.

DEQ: +1

No good news yet?

I think the DEQ is great too! When recording, it helps me smooth out the signal and soften resonances; my acoustic instrument otherwise sounds good, but has a resonance at 300 Hz. If I reduce that band overall or with envelope, the sound becomes a bit thin, the DEQ only takes out the 'too much' when it occurs in that band. This also works live.

(yes, a DEQ can of course do even more, but I can't :)!)

I also tried to attach the pitch follower to the EQ gain, but with no results regarding the topic.

I'll add to this bump. A DynEQ would be very useful, even more than multiband compression. It's the missing DAW or higher end board trick that can change an okay tone into a great tone, or more likely in my case, a problematic tone into a really good tone.

Back
Top Bottom