Dynacab 4x12 Recto Slant

I've hunted around and checked out the wiki, but haven't found it stated anywhere whether the Dynacab 4x12 Recto Slant is IR's of the Traditional or Standard (OS) 4x12 Recto Slant.
I love this Dynacab model and am considering grabbing a real version to use with a SS power amp, so I'd love to know which of the 4x12 Rectifier cabs it is so I can get the same type.

I would think that traditional would in the cab name if it was the one used. Which impedance curve loads up with each cab? That may give you an idea.
1708755958940.png

Same name as the Dynacab.

Impedance curve options are:
  • 4x12 Recto Large
  • 4x12 Recto Slant
  • 4x12 Recto Small
  • 4x12 Recto Straight
Which still doesn't really help narrow down whether '4x12 Recto Slant' is a slanted Traditional or slanted Standard (OS) cab :)

The Slanted cabs are usually oversized.
I’ve come across way more slanted traditional cabs than straight.

There are also Straight/Slant oversized cabs, maybe that’s the Large?

Presumably Slant and Straight are normal oversized cabs and small is a Trad?

No idea, 100% guesses. More info would be good for all the cabs, for instance JCM800 gives no clues as to what speakers are in there

The naming scheme of the Recto cabs has been one of my biggest gripes about the III for a while. They just need new, more specific names. Of course these are pretty tiny gripes in the grand scheme of things which tells you how happy I am. But Recto amps and cabs are all I use so...
Yeah it’s simple. Not large or small or slant or straight.

Traditional Slant
Traditional Straight
Standard Slant (OS)
Standard Straight (OS)

The naming scheme of the Recto cabs has been one of my biggest gripes about the III for a while. They just need new, more specific names. Of course these are pretty tiny gripes in the grand scheme of things which tells you how happy I am. But Recto amps and cabs are all I use so...
This +quintillion

Traditional is the way to go for all around tight metal
Slanted traditional is slightly brighter.
OS is Nu metal circa 2000 metal scene

I’ve owned both OS and currently own the Traditional Slanted

The OS was too mid heavy 500-800 range (to my ears) which can be dialed out, somewhat, but why bother when you can just get a traditional slanted.

Back
Top Bottom