Dyna cabs

kavevester

Inspired
Ohh yes seems better with fewer caps but what happend with all the legazy caps? They are not inDyna! What am I missing here?? Fewer due to mic placement etc but still there is a lot from legazy not mentioned in Dyna.. Why is that?

Last edited:
Ohh yes seems better with fewer caps but what happend with all the legazy caps? They are not inDyna! What am I missing here?? Fewer due to mic placement etc but still there is a lot from legazy not mentioned in Dyna.. Why is that?
Dyna Cabs is not a new option for selecting existing IRs, it's a different thing entirely. It's a different system/method of capturing IRs that requires each cab/speaker needs to be reshot, the Legacy IRs cannot be retrofitted into the Dyna Cab system.

So where do the Dyna then come from? There are about 50... Will this list be extended from Fractal then?
I know it's smarter due to the mic position is easier to handle like this but is that it or also the recording (IR) is different?

"cabs" (as in, cabinets).

I know it's smarter due to the mic position is easier to handle like this but is that it or also the recording (IR) is different?
Legacy cabs are single captures (or possibly a "mix" of multiple captures into a single IR).

With Dyna-Cabs, a single cab is made up of many, many IRs captured by a robot that moves the microphone in a prescribed method. This allows users to position the mic where they like the sound the best.

The Dyna-Cabs were captured with a different mic preamp than the Fractal legacy cabs (the ones specifically captured by Fractal). Other legacy cabs we may not know how they were captured.

The legacy cabs were a combination of Fractal and 3rd party vendor IRs. The new Dyna-Cabs are all captured separate by Fractal from their stash of cabs.

The legacy cabs were a combination of Fractal and 3rd party vendor IRs. The new Dyna-Cabs are all captured separate by Fractal from their stash of cabs.
But they leased their recording apparatus to 3rd party vendors a to create their own Dyna-Cabs. So there’s probably going to be a marketplace for third party DynaCabs.

So there will be added many more from Fractal? It's just some said that it was easier now there wasn't that many so I thought that the groups of 1x10 2x12 4x12 etc. now were covering all the, or many, variables that could exists within 1x10 2x12 4x12
There are many different speakers, cab dimensions, cab materials, microphones, etc.

From a purely historical perspective, Fractal has always been in the habit of giving "more".

So there will be added many more from Fractal? It's just some said that it was easier now there wasn't that many so I thought that the groups of 1x10 2x12 4x12 etc. now were covering all the, or many, variables that could exists within 1x10 2x12 4x12 leaving us with fewer cabs. The legacy list was crazy enough to select from - to many so hoped that this would change that game into more profiling the cap (like mic) instead of selecting between thousands of caps. Might not be the case.

So there will be added many more from Fractal?
We don’t know how many more will be added, but some additional cabs are expected. Third-party cabs are expected also; @Admin M@ mentioned he was going to be working with one of them the other day.

It’s a new technology and addition to the firmware, so by this time next year we should have an even wider selection to work with.

Back
Top Bottom