Dyna Cabs versus Legacy cabs

plyall

Power User
Howdy folks…

Can someone explain why when I have LEGACY cabinets selected, I have one set of speakers.

If I change to Dyna-cabs, I see a completely different set of speakers. Oddly, I don’t hear any difference in the resultant audio. Uh - why? Also, if Dyna-Cabs is selected, does it load those cabs immediately?

Thanks!

DynaCab is a new feature (currently released in beta) that allows users to select IRs by moving a selected microphone around a speaker graphic (as opposed to "legacy" where IRs are chosen from a list). Currently 25 cabs have been released within this feature. The first 2 posts of the beta thread explain further. Impedance curves (IC) on the amp block speaker page is selected automatically for Dynacab (as opposed to manually when using legacy cab mode).
I do understand the FUNCTION of Dyna-Cabs. I don’t know why toggling between the two cabinet types produces no change in sound…

Not to be insulting, but did you check to make sure you have cab modeling turned on in system settings?

I do understand the FUNCTION of Dyna-Cabs. I don’t know why toggling between the two cabinet types produces no change in sound…
That is exceptionally odd, unless you are somehow using Legacy cabs that are very similar to the default Dynas. Even then, seems incredibly unlikely that you wouldn't notice any difference.

Using Global cabs? Spitballing, not even sure that would matter.

Howdy folks…

Can someone explain why when I have LEGACY cabinets selected, I have one set of speakers.

If I change to Dyna-cabs, I see a completely different set of speakers. Oddly, I don’t hear any difference in the resultant audio. Uh - why? Also, if Dyna-Cabs is selected, does it load those cabs immediately?

Thanks!
The Dyna-Cabs load immediately here. Make sure you are using the right Axe Edit.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-edit-iii-1-13-00-supports-fw-22-00-public-beta-6.193277/

Hi plyall,

Just to make sure, you downloaded and uploaded the Dynacabs to the Axe Fx right? That is needed along with the Axe Edit version that trancegodz provided. If you have, then we'll keep looking for a solution.

Hi plyall,

Just to make sure, you downloaded and uploaded the Dynacabs to the Axe Fx right? That is needed along with the Axe Edit version that trancegodz provided. If you have, then we'll keep looking for a solution.
Yep - Dyna cabs are installed. Thanks!

Hi plyall,

Yes I did.

Back
Top Bottom