Wish Dyna-Cab Load Bypass Option

+1
Would also request an option to permanently disable them.
Huh? If there was an option to disable them then setting it would be in effect until you change it. Is there a reason that's not good enough?

Don't get me wrong DynaCabs are nice and i'm glad Fractal ported them to the FM3 but after finding a couple of good ones i am content with having them as IRs.
DynaCabs are always DynaCabs... You don't have them "as IRs".

Huh? If there was an option to disable them then setting it would be in effect until you change it. Is there a reason that's not good enough?

DynaCabs are always DynaCabs... You don't have them "as IRs".
I think he means Cab Lab 4 saving Dyna-Cabs as IR's etc?

Dyna-cabs increase the boot time, and some of us don't use them.

If users are bothered by a longer boot time, and if it seemed worth it to Fractal to address it; perhaps there could be a function that converts all the dyna-cabs in user presets to static IRs (moving them to the user IR memory). But I can see how that's a feature that relatively few users would exploit.

I think he means Cab Lab 4 saving Dyna-Cabs as IR's etc?
Correct!
This was my response to the suggestions for disabling DynaCabs via holding down a key combination while powering the unit on. I figured this would be a temporary thing which needs to be repeated at every boot.

Maybe alternative firmware without Dyna-Cabs?

A setup option or alternate boot method are sufficient IMO.

Fractal won't want to manage two separate firmwares to accomplish this. Adds too many layers of toil and complication for developers and users.

An alternate boot option would still be complicated-- patches with dyna-cabs already loaded would either have to suddenly not work, or have to have some alternative IR loaded instead.

A setup option would probably be the easiest-- Boot mode: Dyna-cabs ON/OFF, and perhaps something in the editor to swap out dyna-cabs for static IRs of a similar type.

How many seconds of boot time would be saved by disabling them?

I think it is very important to highlight the difference that the loading time of dynacabs makes for a live musician.

When I play at home or record some tracks that time is totally irrelevant, but in a live situation, the extra minute while the operating system loads counts a lot, while you have the audience watching you. Even more so when the restart happens during a song due to "freezing" or any other problem...

I have been a Fractal user since the beginning (FX Ultra and 2), I value all the efforts to improve each device to limits that seemed unthinkable when all this started, and I do not understand how there are users who do not consider relevant problems that in situations different from theirs can be really annoying.

For me, who have been dealing with traditional ir's for many years, the Dynacabs in the FM3 are just an addition that contributes nothing (please, remember FM3 Dynacabs are lowest resolution 1024 Ir's).
I understand that for many others they may be wonderful due to their simple way of representing the position of the microphones and I do not downplay their importance for that reason.
But for some of us, who don't use Dynacabs at all, it would be wonderful to be able to skip loading during startup to make it as fast as possible.

Back
Top Bottom