Dyna Cab creation

Bertotti

Inspired
I have done some searches but I am not finding the answer. I am curious how dyna cabs are created. Is this a top secret process only for those inside Fractal or is there a process I can read or watch on how it's done?

Could be wrong but I've never thought there was anything too mysterious or magic about it - micing a cab in the traditional sense I expect, with special sauce coming from specific mic and pre used + the skill of the tech to set the micing positions. Same as for any IR maker but with a robot deployed to reduce the workload of taking the large number captures needed to populate a graphic UI function that facilitates users' granular movements across many captures.
There may be something special about the systematic differences in physical mic positions that allows the math to accurately interpolate/model/estimate other mic positions in 3d that were not physically measured.

Do there have to be several fixed mic positions to interpolate, or couldn't Fractal record an IR of the DynaMount moving the mic center to edge in a certain amount of time?

Do there have to be several fixed mic positions to interpolate, or couldn't Fractal record an IR of the DynaMount moving the mic center to edge in a certain amount of time?
They are doing this in 3 dimensions. So they must try to minimize the total number of measurements to enable accurate interpolation. Otherwise it would take too long to do all the measurements (even for a robot).

Back
Top Bottom