dxr mk2 yamaha

hello guys
anyone using the dxr12 mk2 from yamaha with your axefx3?
any opinion ?
about connection and set up , should I use the +4dbu from the axe or -10 dbu ?
i guess I shall use the line level on the yamaha ? correct ?

I use a dxr10 version 1 - I use input 1 XLR +4db on the dxr10 from XLR Output one on AFX3, it has plenty of headroom. Using a balanced mic cable had better noise rejection then line level 1/4 inch. IMO the DXR has great bang for the buck as an FRFR sulution for the AXF

Last edited:
I use a dxr10 version 1 - I use input 1 XLR +4db on the dxr10 from XLR Output one on AFX3, it has plenty of headroom. Using a balanced mic cable had better noise rejection then line level 1/4 inch. IMO the DXR has great band for the buck as an FRFR sulution for the AXF

Basically exactly the same for me, word for word.

Tks how do you set the level output on the axe fx3? And what about level on the dxr? I am talking about rehearsal level

I Set the AFX Output one level knob at 12 o'clock and set the DXR10 anywhere from -3db to + 3db based on the room or venue. +3b for outdoors , around 0db for indoors and -3db for rehearsal (smaller room). Note: I have my DRX10 mounted on a tripod stand with the speaker hitting me at chest level behind me where you would normally put a back-line amp/speaker. While playing, the AXF is in a rack on a table on the side of me and I use the output one knob as a volume control "if needed". It is rare that I touch it as I have balanced all of my patches but is there in case our drummer is hitting the skins extra hard :)

FWIW, I recently had to set up for a solo acoustic/vocal gig. I thought I'd use the Neo CLR that I have for that, so at home I set up my mixer driving that as a test.
As a first pass, I wanted to run familiar music through the speaker, so I could EQ it. My perception of the CLR at "flat" setting was that it had a stronger response than I'm used to between 1-2kHz. I have mk1 DXR10s and DSR112's that I'm familiar with, for comparison.
I plugged in a DXR10 with the switches all in the most neutral position, and at the same 90dB level, to my ears the DXR sounded better. Now, better is subjective, and flat is not. And flat is usually not flattering. But I was surprised at how much easier it was to dial in a tone I wanted using the DXR. It almost makes me wonder if something is amiss with my CLR.

hello guys
anyone using the dxr12 mk2 from yamaha with your axefx3?
any opinion ?
about connection and set up , should I use the +4dbu from the axe or -10 dbu ?
i guess I shall use the line level on the yamaha ? correct ?

-4dB use the XLR connection when possible. I have mine set for 'line' and HPF set at 100Hz, d-contour set to 'off'

Back
Top Bottom