Dweezil Zappa Presets

Understood. I am trying to show you how Dweezil has done it in the past. He probably would have chided me if I posted this kind of details five years ago, but probably not these days.

The Dynaflange is a Stereo preset and sound/effect — that is what makes it sound so wide and big. It’s not just the flanger, it is the stereo spread and the warble/detune of one side of the stereo image while the other is dry. Those are the secrets. You can try to emulate it in mono by blending but your ears will not process the effect the same way.

I was helping a guy in Europe who was trying to emulate the Solo in Yo’ Mama ( which is pretty clean) and thus was inspired to share the above. Maybe if we get lucky we can get permission to share a real example from DZ, Fractal’s M@tt would be the guy for that, not me.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/dynaflanger-dweezil-and-frank-zappa.48861/page-4#post-1202850

Not sure if the link is still good but there you are. Right from the man himself.

I'm confused, (it's late and I should be in bed) but I am not getting what the go is here? Feels like i'm missing some context for this post.
Scroll up. There’s a link from M@tt with the preset. Don’t know why it went down to my quote. Maybe it’s embedded in the link cause I had to search my history to find it.

I don't wanna post it unless he says says it's ok. Admin M@ if you see this let me know. I don't know how to link a user.

Back
Top Bottom