DUMBLE experts please help...

Anybody tried Buddy's Boutique cab pack? I was thinking about picking it up here soon. I have an AXII and an ax8 and the stock Rumble cabs that come in the Ax8 list (not in the axe ii) sound pretty good to me. I think they are definitely bass heavy so you have to boost the treble / highs in the amp to get a chirp. There's another thread in the Axe II IR's page regarding the BB cab pack. The guys in there say it's pretty money. I think they are mainly using the 1x12 Bludotone IR and its mixes.

i have it. Was not impressed. Mainly because those TR65 speakers are re-labeled eminence patriot speakers which have always sounded dark and middy/nasally to me. The bogner 2x12 with celestion golds blow it away IMO

There's nothing in the stock IRs that capture a great dumble lead tone IMO. I ended up purchasing 5 or 6 cabs that I couldn't get to my satisfaction with the stock IRs.

1) Bogner Celestion Gold 2x12 open back
2) 2x12 JBL
3) 2x15 JBL (sounds more realistic than the included ones)
4) A couple of matchless 2x12 cabs
5) 4x12 G25 cab

These made a huge difference for me. I was actually considering going back to my kemper because the mbritt robben ford profile was so great but with the bogner 2x12 cab, the axefx slays the kemper.

Where do you go those? Ownhammer?

I set up a patch with the Twin Reverb using a Rumble 4x12 cab and a zen drive. I X/Y the amp with a Robben Ford 1 amp. I actually prefer the twin with the Zen drive over the Dumble.

I also A/B'd the Dumble amps with the clones like the Bludotone and the Carolann amps. They all sound very similar to my ears
There's nothing in the stock IRs that capture a great dumble lead tone IMO. I ended up purchasing 5 or 6 cabs that I couldn't get to my satisfaction with the stock IRs.

1) Bogner Celestion Gold 2x12 open back
2) 2x12 JBL
3) 2x15 JBL (sounds more realistic than the included ones)
4) A couple of matchless 2x12 cabs
5) 4x12 G25 cab

These made a huge difference for me. I was actually considering going back to my kemper because the mbritt robben ford profile was so great but with the bogner 2x12 cab, the axefx slays the kemper.
from ownhammer or redwirez? :D

link in post #9 ...Im playing it right now

the bogner 2x12 with celestion gold

Sorry, quick question again because I never played with third party IRs before.
Bought the package but there is a LOT of IRs there (different mics, positioning, etc). Which one you recommend me to start (or it is your favorite anyway)?

when it comes to OH IR's, I prefer to start with the 00 position and tweak the amp to tame the high end. on real amps I usually mic'd further out on the cone, sometime even off-axis, but I prefer a different method in the Axe.

Most of Cab Pack 17 was designed specifically for Dumble-style boutique amps.

I'm quite partial to the 1x12 Bludotone closed-back Cab in it with an AlNiCo that is like a warm vintage EV-SRO.

The oval-back G12-65H cab in it is almost precisely what Robben Ford uses, try the R121 IRs.

The Bogner 1x12 dual ported Shiva closed-back cab in it is a Classic Lead 80.

I've found people can chase Dumble tone for days, it takes time to dial it in (do it at stage volume, not in your bedroom) and part of the tone famous guys playing them in is their hands, not the amps/cabs.

For mids that cut through in leads/solos, those Dumble-style amps when dialed in right are very hard to beat IMHO.

i have it. Was not impressed. Mainly because those TR65 speakers are re-labeled eminence patriot speakers which have always sounded dark and middy/nasally to me. IMO

What TR-65 speakers? The Two Rock you mean? That's probably my least favorite cab in the pack, but I put it in because friend lent it to me before the studio session and some Two Rock folks like it.

Try the Bludotones instead.

Back
Top Bottom