Dumb Question.... But Gotta Ask...

When using the Axe Fx 3 as an interface? Where is the master volume to turn the volume of guitar and/or audio in Cubase such as Superior Drummer 3?

I was trying to use the axe and my motu to do re-amping and it was so overly complex for me... i just gave up.

Now i am trying to use the axe fx as my interface....shelving the motu.... missing simple things like master volume knobs.

If you have your monitors plugged directly into the axe fx, then the out knob corresponding to whatever output your plugged into is your master volume.

Watching....I just started using it as a master as well, and I ended up turning down the main volume knob on my unit (1) on my FM9. It turned down the entire thing in my headphone jack, which is what I wanted.

Yes, as @Guitarsid said. Just use whichever output knob you'd normally use.

There are also ways to control the monitoring balance of your guitar and the other sounds sources (backing tracking, etc).

Ok that was helpful. And that works for overall volume.

Now.... how to turn off the sound of the guitar from the axe fx so I can just monitor the inputs in cubase using software?

Set Output 1 mode to Mute in the I/O menu. That mutes the monitoring connection between the OUT 1 block and the Output 1 jacks, but you can still record Output 1 via USB. You'll get added monitoring latency if you monitor through software, so keep that in mind.

Back
Top Bottom