Dumb question about FM3 mark ii turbo vs axe iii

I have an AXE FX III in my studio and an FM3 for my live rig. Both with latest firmware.
Importing my favorite patch from the III to FM3 and trying to match all settings the III sounds better than the FM3.
It's very subtle and I cant even define what it is, but it sounds different.
That doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for FAS...I love it and use it every day, but I have been tempted to take my III to a gig and see if there is a noticeable difference.

Currently the Axe-Fx III has a different algorithm than the FM3. The Axe-Fx III algorithm is much better.

We are attempting to port the Axe-Fx III algorithm to the FM3 but the lack of horsepower is making this problematic.

The FM9 uses the same algorithms as the Axe-Fx III since it has twice the horsepower of the FM3.
Are you talking about Reverbs or everything? Specifically I think some are taking this to mean amp modelling.

And in that case are you referrinf to the fact that the FM9 update has some out, but the FM3 update is still in progress so currently it's not up to date?

Where would they fit the extra 2 switches?
I just meant a processing/memory power major upgrade. I don't need an extra 2 switches but as a matter of fact, you could probably do what fender did and cram another row and put the switches slightly closer together. So you could make it an FM8 I'll bet.

For marketing reasons, i understand keeping it to 3 switches. So make it a FM3 turbo MK3+ or something. At some point , it probably erodes sales of the upper products so maybe i'm talking myself into believing it won't happen until there's an axefx IV

Back
Top Bottom