Dubstep wobble

I use a POD HD Pro feeding my Axe II via AES/EBU so have access to the throbber effect. Have not used it much and don't love dub step all that much but that video did have some cool sounds. I think I need to experiment more with the throbber and tie it in to an exp pedal. I am sure the Axe can get close with combining a trem with a filter or two.

First of all you should control somethings "rate" with Expression pedal.

that something is the point

Basically this is how you go about it. You can change the types of each thing to get a different sound, but the chain basically stays the same:

1: Synth/amp/od/fuzz: That will get you basially an overdriven or synth sound.
2: Filter tied to an LFO: I use a low pass filter with the Q turned up so there is a little bit of a resonance peak. Tie the filter sweep to an LFO.

Set your LFO to whatever minimum and maximums you want and mess with the filter till you get a sound you like.

The coverband I'm in decided to cover Too Close by Alex Clare and we actually send midi from the axe fx to my buddies keyboard so that the wobble is coming from both his keyboard AND my guitar. It sounds pretty awesome although the audience sure doesn't care.

I actually use a modified preset from the one I created for too close to play a dubsteppy line on bass in the original band I'm in too. Admittedly live it gets lost a little bit.

I used to get some great dub-steppy sounds on an old Boss GT-6 using the "Step Phaser" effect. Here is how to dig in on Axe Fx II:
Search forum for "Step phaser". The result you are looking for should be near the bottom of the first page of search results. Access sequencer by pressing "control" button on front panel- then "Page >" 4 times. Add salt to taste.

Back
Top Bottom