Wish Dual-source modifiers: More multiplication options

Bakerman

Axe-Master
Wish: Instead of having [Src1 x Src2] as the only multiplication operation, add [(1 - Src1) x (1 - Src2)] and [(1 - Src1) x Src2] settings.

IOW, remap 0-100% to 100-0% for one or both sources before multiplying. This would allow things like:

1. Set a temporary minimum value of a parameter with one pedal, then sweep between that and 100% with the other pedal (throughout its full sweep, not clipping earlier for higher min. values like if you add rather than multiply sources)

2. Multiply a source by itself and have a faster rate of change at lower instead of higher values

3. Tone/effect/setting C active (or increased an appropriate amount) only when A is active or at higher level and B inactive or lower level (without having to think differently about how pedal/switch states control A & B)

Replace "pedal" or "switch" above with pitch controller, envelope, ADSR or scene controller for more examples. (One pair of scene controllers wouldn't really need these extra options, but if you have various pairs like 1x2, 2x3, 1x3 modifying things, the Src1 x Src2 option might not always be ideal.)

In (maybe) simpler terms, it's a bit restricting that the multiplication operation currently allows only a low value of either source to force the modifier dot to one side, instead of high for either, or high for one and low for the other.

I like the sound of that and something else that might be useful/interesting/mind-blowing would be to then allow a scaling factor for each modifier SRC1/SRC2 and the final result is normalised.

Fairly sure this isn't possible at the moment but if it is then somebody point me in the right direction.

I like the sound of that and something else that might be useful/interesting/mind-blowing would be to then allow a scaling factor for each modifier SRC1/SRC2 and the final result is normalised.

Fairly sure this isn't possible at the moment but if it is then somebody point me in the right direction.
There's a scale parameter for each source but normalizing the product happens at scale = 100% for both (default), so I'm not sure if that's what you're describing here.

There's a scale parameter for each source but normalizing the product happens at scale = 100% for both (default), so I'm not sure if that's what you're describing here.
Methinks the new bit is the normalized combination. So they could be set to 30% and 40%, but the resulting 70% would be scaled up to 100% normal scale?

Methinks the new bit is the normalized combination. So they could be set to 30% and 40%, but the resulting 70% would be scaled up to 100% normal scale?
What is "the resulting 70%"? If two sources are multiplied with scales at 30% and 40% the maximum result is 12%. If you "scale that up" to 100% it's exactly the same as setting both scales to 100%.

What is "the resulting 70%"? If two sources are multiplied with scales at 30% and 40% the maximum result is 12%. If you "scale that up" to 100% it's exactly the same as setting both scales to 100%.
It was my best guess. I guess an explanation from the OP is in order....

I suspect I might have been in the midst of a fever dream... now I've read it back I'm not sure it makes any sense to me.
(Sidenote - don't catch that horrible contagious disease that's been floating around for the past few years.)

Back
Top Bottom