Dual signal routing...

jimosity

OK - I've searched until I'm at my wits end and can't find what I'm looking for...I know I've seen it before though.

What I want to do is have my guitar signal going into the AxeFX -- running thru my pre-effects, then out of the AxeFX to my external preamp - then back into the AxeFX for post effects.

I thought I saw something about wiring it up this way so that it did something with the mixer and panning to make it work...
Can somebody steer me in the right direction?

PS: I know it's listed in the manual under "example connections" but I was looking for more details about the panning and setting it up correctly in the layout. That's what I'm having a problem with.

You need to set it up so that your preamp is essentially a device in the Axe-FX's loop, then you insert the FXL block in your preset to use it in the chain. This is known as the "four cable method" or 4CM for short.

Guitar > Axe-FX Front Input
Preamp Send > Axe-FX Rear Input 2
Axe-FX Out 1 > Preamp Return
Axe-FX Out 2 > Preamp Input

I figured it out. Thanks...
However, I remember reading something about using a Mixer block and then panning one signal left and the other right to separate what was going where...
Damn, you know - I think it was when I was looking into having a signal with a cab sim going out the XLRs and the 1/4" without the cab sim.
I bet that's what I'm thinking of...
doh!

Back
Top Bottom