Dual Latching Footswitch set up help please?

casperoff

Inspired
Hi I bought a "Vein-Tap skinny little twins" Dual latching foot switch

https://www.vein-tap.com/product/dual-latching-footswitch/

The led's are opposite, i.e when my AX8 control is "on" the led on the Vein Tap is "off" and vice versa, is there a way to sync them?

Also, the left button on the footswich is recognised by my AX8, but I can't get the AX8 to "recognise" the right hand side button?

Any help will be very much appreciated

Thanks

Sounds like the switches are wired 'normally closed'? If you can't change it at, or inside of the switch, you will have to reverse the control action at the AX8 (swap the 'Min' and 'Max' values in the 'Edit Modifier' window).

As for number 2....... you will need a 'Y' cable adapter with a TRS plug on one end and two TS plugs on the other, one with the 'tip' wired to the 'ring' of the TRS plug and one with the 'tip' wired to the 'tip' of the TRS plug. Then plug the two TS plugs into two of the 'Pedal' jacks on the AX8.

Or while you're at it. Reverse the polarity on the "breakout cables".
Then you don't have to worry about it in the future.
The polarity won't fix this. It would have to be switched at the switch itself, if it is a double-pole switch?

It would be great if the 'Pedal' menu (where you calibrate and select the type of pedal, continuous, latching, momentary, etc...) also had a 'Reverse Polarity' option for such occasions.

Ive set the latching pedal up to external 4, as I have 3 other exp pedals, for some reason when I chose external 4 from the edit window, the output sound/ signal amplifies massively, making the outputs clip causing digital distortion? If I deselect external 4 drop down window from the edit window, the sound returns to normal? Any ideas please?

When you first select external 4 as the source, the Min and Max values are at the extreme end of the control range.

Your switch is sending an 'On' value (because of the reversed polarity issue?). Whatever parameter that you are controlling will initially be at the Max value. Quickly reduce the 'Max' value to the minimum value needed, then raise the 'Min' value to the maximum value needed.

Also, put your switch in the 'On' position initially. That way when you assign any modifiers, they will be at the 'Min' value while you set the values to the setting needed.

Also, you will need to use two pedal inputs on the AX8 for that dual foot-switch to work. So you will only be able to use two expression pedals?

Back
Top Bottom