Dual guitar setup, how to set levels?

So this is probably a pretty beginner level question to ask, but I'll fire away being the naive newcomer I am.

I've had a few people over to play after getting my Axe III (because that is what one does, right!) and I've created a dual-rig preset for this. I have two inputs and two separate signal chains set up with the appropriate blocks in them, routed to separate outputs and also mixed together for my studio monitors through input 1. Is there any way to quickly set the levels other than just by using the output row mixer for panning/volume?

Say I want a preset with a few options for comping and leads, and I want to switch them around using scenes. Currently I'm using a looper in the second signal chain for playback to check that the mix is somewhat okay, but it's pretty tedious..

I don't know if I understand your question properly, but I'll give it a shot - I'm assuming you are talking about setting levels for your guitars so they sit well together in the mix levelwise?

there's a handy tool for this in Axe Edit called Preset Leveling. It's essentially a monitor that shows you the output in dBs. I use it all the time to level my presets and also for what you're looking for - dual guitar setups.

I don't know if I understand your question properly, but I'll give it a shot - I'm assuming you are talking about setting levels for your guitars so they sit well together in the mix levelwise?

there's a handy tool for this in Axe Edit called Preset Leveling. It's essentially a monitor that shows you the output in dBs. I use it all the time to level my presets and also for what you're looking for - dual guitar setups.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Setting the guitars' levels so they are balanced with each other! Thanks for this tip, I'll be sure to check it out!

I'm sorry if I was unclear in the OP.

Back
Top Bottom