Dual Amps with theAxeFx2

sgilsinger

Inspired
I don't know how to run 2 Bogner/Line6 Mk2 HD100 heads with the AxeFx2 Mk2 and control amp and effects switching with the MFC101.I want to use the heads for the amp sound and the AxeFx2 for the effects.Both have midi in and out/thru.I know nothing about Midi,so any help is greatly appreciated.

is there a out thru on the amp heads? If not you will need some sort if midi splitter. if using midi cable with the axe fx, program the mfc to send the desired midi commands on 3 midi channels( a separate channel for each device. run the midi cable from mfc out to axe fx in, then from axe fx out thru to first amp midi in, and so on.

You could make your life way simpler if you run dual amp models, and effects, in the Axe, and just use an amp head as the power amp, one head for the right and one for the left channel.

4 cable method is tough enough with just a single amp, but trying to run dual 4CM, and then also control everything from the MFC is a complex setup.

If you have some idea of what your doing with routings, know how to program the MFC etc, it could likely be done with some help, but if your clueless with that stuff (no offense meant) you'd probably be better of paying someone who specializes in setting up a custom rig like that.

Given your level of understanding, its just not going to be practical to get it all up configured via some post on a forum. There is a ton of stuff you'd need to be taught before you could even get to the trickier stuff

You can run dual amps inside the unit. Get a stereo power amp and your all done.
Probably not a very good answer, but seriously, you would probably get better results
and be able to get a new guitar, after selling the 2 heads.

Back
Top Bottom