Drums….what do you guys use to make tracks

I've been looking for a quick drumming setup for demos and ideas, and haven't really found anything that hits all the needs. I want something fast that sounds good, not much luck so far. But just this week I found Patterning 2 on an iPad, and it is looking promising. If it had the ability to import patterns, it might fit the bill (import and modify).

I have a BeatBuddy but haven't been too impressed with it for my needs, but can see why it rules in live performance if you are OK with the sequences on it.

Peeps to you actual-drums guys.

Some years back, I got an e-kit. Some years after that I concluded that multi-limb dexterity wasn't a thing I possessed, and went back to fingers on a keyboard or pad thingy. I'm just way better at that :)

Finger drumming is bogust... dudes and dudettes.
I can't imagine why stuff like this isn't more used with more styles of music. Sounds great to me; change the sounds a bit and it would rule in older styles.

I've been looking for a quick drumming setup for demos and ideas, and haven't really found anything that hits all the needs. I want something fast that sounds good, not much luck so far. But just this week I found Patterning 2 on an iPad, and it is looking promising. If it had the ability to import patterns, it might fit the bill (import and modify).

I have a BeatBuddy but haven't been too impressed with it for my needs, but can see why it rules in live performance if you are OK with the sequences on it.

I can't imagine why stuff like this isn't more used with more styles of music. Sounds great to me; change the sounds a bit and it would rule in older styles.

I have an older Alesis eKit, but finger drum using my M-Audio keyboard controller. Haven't bought a drum library in forever but this demo of finger drumming convinced me to pick up this library. It's no where near as flexible in terms of sound manipulation as something like EZ or Superior drummer, but the way they map the keys including accents and chokes makes it extremely playable.

Back
Top Bottom