Drum software stand alone

Randalljax

Axe-Master
Hey Guys

anyone know of a cool drum software for Mac that is great for jamming and does not require a DAW

thanks

Have you tried GarageBand? It has a bunch of built-in drummers that follow styles. You program them to do verse-chorus-bridge stuff and then the software adds some variance and what not. Logic expands on this further.

Second the EZ Drummer suggestion. Standalone works great. You can save your projects even though you're not using in a DAW, then if you want to do some recording later in Logic (or whatever) it will work as a plug-in. FWIW I have Superior 2 and 3 and BFD and something else I can't remember but I always revert to EZD.

Superior Drummer 2 (better version of EZ drummer with better/more advanced sound data)
EZ drummer2 works just as good though
BFD2 is great, but its huge and not worth it when you have the toontrack

Another vote for Superior Drummer 3.........love it! Comes with both stand-alone and daw versions.

Plus a million for Superior Drummer 3. Recently got my Roland kit set up to trigger SD3 and OMG its3so much better than the Roland brain. I know that is not your intent, but it amazed me how responsive it is. I've been using it for a while woth loops and editing to tweak things and really dig it for that too.

Our drummer is using Superior Drummer 3 as a stand-alone in a live situation and it has been killer!

Plus a million for Superior Drummer 3. Recently got my Roland kit set up to trigger SD3 and OMG its3so much better than the Roland brain. I know that is not your intent, but it amazed me how responsive it is. I've been using it for a while woth loops and editing to tweak things and really dig it for that too.

Same here though I still struglgle with getting a good hi hat out of it. But SD is the best

Same here though I still struglgle with getting a good hi hat out of it. But SD is the best
Mine probably isn't perfect, but the hi-hat, cymbals, and snare were much improved over what I can get with the Roland TD25 by itself. Almost to the point where I'd like to take a laptop for the live gigs... if we ever do those again.

Hey Guys

anyone know of a cool drum software for Mac that is great for jamming and does not require a DAW

thanks
If $$$ matters you need to check both of them out. $119 vs $399 is quite a difference. SD3, if you like to rearrange mic placement, etc, etc, etc.
Ez drummer 2 is simple, sounds great but has LESS user functionality. IMHO, if you go by your orig post, Ex drummer 2 would suffice.
You still have control over overheads, room ambiance, etc, etc.
**Also, you probably can find specials on both of them if you look around.
If $$$ is not an issue, well then you have a choice to make. I have been happy with Ez drummer 2, but I do have steven slate platinum drums also.
You should check out the functionality and see what you think you will actually use. Then again, I am just a guitar player.

If $$$ matters you need to check both of them out. $119 vs $399 is quite a difference. SD3, if you like to rearrange mic placement, etc, etc, etc.
Ez drummer 2 is simple, sounds great but has LESS user functionality. IMHO, if you go by your orig post, Ex drummer 2 would suffice.
You still have control over overheads, room ambiance, etc, etc.
**Also, probably ca find specials on both of them if you look around.
If $$$ is not an issue, well then you have a choice to make. I have been happy with Ez drummer 2, but I do have steven slate platinum drums also.
You should check out the functionality and see what you think you will actually use. Then again, I am just a guitar player.
Totally true, for $100 bucks you Can get away with it and have a good track

Back
Top Bottom