Drum Samples for Live use

Rich G.

Experienced
For years my Drummer has been using an Alesis DM5 for hit Kick & Tom sounds. He's migrating over to an Alesis Sample Rack. I'm looking for some recommendations on good sounding Kick & Tom sounds that can be used live. Just a basic rock drum sound- not an electronic sound.

Not even sure where to begin- a search comes up with thousands of free samples out there, but I'm not sure which ones are decent. I'd even entertain buying a drum sound library if it's worth using.

I have a library of every vintage drum machine- a quick search will find it...

A lot of their kicks although electric are very usable.

ALSO
Alesis' own website has downloads of the factory samples and they have some more traditional rock kick/tom kit sounds...

BUT
other than that-
it will take a lot of work to find good stuff you want...

I got a new sampler pad thingy I integrated into my real drum kit (next step is triggering the kick- because I want electric kick stuff- that shit booms) and it look an insane amount of time to go through the samples I have and stuff out there.

Toms are hard because you can't isolate them and sample yourself- where as kicks are easy.
I wouldn't pay for any of it because all the stuff you pay for is just stolen from another place- and everything is junk- so whatever you do it will take work to go through.

Also- make the drummer do it.

Loaded DrumMic'A... not sure it's what I thought it would be. I found midi drum loops in it, but no specific drum sounds.

Alesis' own website has downloads of the factory samples and they have some more traditional rock kick/tom kit sounds...

I did get the Sample & Loop Library from Alesis, but from what I can tell it's just more of the same stuff that's already in the Sample Rack.

it look an insane amount of time to go through the samples I have and stuff out there.
That's what I'm hoping to avoid.

Thanks for the input! Very helpful. :)

Also- make the drummer do it.
UGH!... Don't even get me started on this.

The alesis samples are identical in the rack

I'll tell you this though
I have a sample pad pro and the files to download from their site- which is the same sounds in the unit- do have useable tom/kicks in one place- so you don't have to search further and longer

and unless you're willing to put more than 500 hours in searching and sampling and listening and organizing- just work with what you can find in that set and end it

Back
Top Bottom