Drop Bb chug patch

AaronB

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=55zH1YFAylA

I'll ask for a pass on the mix as I'm basically mixing blind in my new, still untreated control room but its mostly to showcase the tone.

Some info on the patch

It's the 6160 (favorite sim by a mile)
Standard tube screamer in front
Running dynamics really high
Impulses are a combo of my own Mesa 4x12 OS and a tone match of my real 6505+ through the same cab that I got and really liked from a few months back.

No post eq. Just slate vcc on all 4 guitar tracks and then bussed to the stock cubase stereo widener. Set to ~130-140 (so pretty subtle).

Drums are various samples I've collected and the OH's are metal machine.

To me, this patch lands somewhere between a "djenty" tone and a super saturated as I lay dying esque tone. Leaning more towards the latter.

Let me know what you guys think.

Seriously the angriest amp out there. Such a beautifully smooth distortion paired with a ton of punch.

As a side note the fractal is so bang on with the sim. I ran the real head through a load box and into the same impulses in the past and had almost identical results. So little of a difference that im forced to assume that it was the load box chipping away at the tone a bit.

So glad I bought this thing. Took awhile to really wrap my head around it but once I did, epicness ensued.

Back
Top Bottom