Drive has exclamation point

Sounds like CPU overload. I'm pretty sure the biggest CPU hog gets disabled auto-magically. Usually it is the reverb block, but the spring reverbs are less than the drive blocks. Here is a link to the "CPU usage" wiki page where you can find info and lists of how much different blocks use.
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=CPU_usage

If this is the case, you have to change things up a bit. Right click on a block (in AX8 Edit) and replace it with a lower CPU block, or just a shunt to make sure this is the problem.

Last edited:
Possibly you could lower the density in the reverb and the quality to low. for the drive you may have to select a lower cpu drive type, or maybe there are some external controllers that are attached using up cpu. If you do not use all those effects at the same time maybe divide it up into a couple of presets.

Looks like that is from Axechange. It was designed on an AxeFXII. They have a bit more CPU available to play with. I changed the reverb to medium spring and replaced the phaser with a shunt and it sits at around 88%. That's still really high, but it plays. Also, you might want to change the level (on the amp page or with the physical control knob) down about 20 dBs after you first load it. It was REALLY loud and squealing at first with my setup. You can always adjust it to your setup later. Again, the wiki I posted above is your friend.

Possibly you could lower the density in the reverb and the quality to low. for the drive you may have to select a lower cpu drive type, or maybe there are some external controllers that are attached using up cpu. If you do not use all those effects at the same time maybe divide it up into a couple of presets.
On the AX8 normal is the lowest setting

Back
Top Bottom