Drive Block Help

Gytaxor

Inspired
OK, this has probably been covered before, but I have not had much luck with drive models - especially the T808 - I mean as far as I know, that thing always gave me the right boost for my break-up tones and made it into a great lead tone. Now, it always sound ..., well bad. It depends on the amp, but usually not good.

I wonder if there is something I don´t know about the drive model and I would like to see more info on drive models, something similar to wiki amps and cabs page. I know I would be eternally grateful for that :) The amp and cab page helped me to actually get decent tones and put me on the right path with the black box. If not for wiki, I would probably end up with POD HD ... :)

so if anyone can point me towards something similar as wiki amp and cab page, I would appreciate that very much. Thank you.

J.

Sorry dude, but this is just not enough information for us to truly help you. Tell us how you think it sounds bad - post clips of bad - do something other than say it sucks - then we can help you with your choices for improvement. Not trying to be harsh, but I don't know what to tell you unless we have some more details on why you don't like it. I mean - I don't boost my heavy gain amps with it any more because I feel like it colors in a way I don't like. But for adding a little breakup or lead tones I'm more than happy with the tube screamer type models.

Back
Top Bottom