Dream Theater tonight in Orlando...

flyingfadr

Power User
Just got back from the Dream Theater concert in Orlando.... Petrucci had some insanely cool delay presets, as well as flange / phaser effects going on... Great stuff !

I was there too. He had a great sound, but appeared to not be happy initially as he kept messing with his rig between songs. My first time seeing them, so I dunno if he's super anal and always does that or what.

I did see one guy with a fractal shirt there, I'm guessing it was you :)

Going to see them here in Austin Wednesday night--first time for me too.

Second row!!

Yup, that was probably me... Up on the upper deck.

My friend who has seen them several times, said that was the best show he had seen... As it was my first time seeing them, they were ridiculously good. Mike Mangini is a MONSTER !! Just wish the sound guy would compress the vocals.... He was getting lost on the quiet vocal lines...

Don't remember what song it was, but there was 1 song with long singing lead lines, that the delays were so cool...

Mott, you WON'T be disappointed...

Last edited:
I'll have to wait until february 2012 to see them in Germany. It'll be my 2nd time and last (and my first) time was this year in August at Loreley Night of the Prog Festival and it was really cool. Can't wait till febrrrrrrrrrr

Trivium was definitely energetic... Got the crowd going... Lots of slam dancing going on on the floor. Their mix was not the greatest... The only thing clear we're the kick drums. Great crowd interaction, and VERY cool to hear a singer play guitar well ! ;-). With a better mix, they'd be great !

I wanted to go to this soooooooooooooo bad. My folks have a time share in Orlando and were going to give it to the wife and I, but my wife has a huge gig (opening for Lit) this Saturday and didn't want to miss any rehearsal time. Trivium + Dream Theatre is one of the greatest bills I can think of. I've seen Trivium 3 times now and last time was the 2nd best show I've ever seen (Alice Cooper being #1). I *almost* went to Orlando alone for this show.

Back
Top Bottom