Dream Theater Pull Me Under TM test

nexus

Inspired
Hi,
This is my try for Pull Me Under. I think it rocks!!
Playing order: JP- Me- Both panned to own speakers.
JP has some hisss on that track, but otherwise I think the match is very good!!!

Test 2 with more Master volume from amp:

Just to be clear, clips are played and matched with PRS custom 24 25th with original pups.

Attachments

• JP TM Pull Me Riff 2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
That sounds pretty dead on to me. Good Job. :)

Did you match it from the audio of the youtube clip?

Last edited:
Thanks man!
I matched it from Guitar Hero isolated tracks. It was ogg file and there was all instruments and even drums had many different tracks... U know hi-hat,snare, bass track...
That youtube clip doesn´t have that hiss, but i´m not sure where is that track from and what is it´s sample rate.
This match is straight from ogg that I opened in Audacity and test clip is done by using wav file that I exported from ogg.

And that match can be even better, since I did all this in 10mins. My palm mutes are maybe different, so there is not so much that bassy chunk (is this even word :) ).
Guitar is PRS custom 24 25th with original pups.
Very interesting stuff!!

If it's no trouble (ok, some trouble would be alright :D), could you possibly PM me the Wave file?

Thanks either way. :)

This is scary. I was cleaning my office and listening to iTunes. I finished cleaning and when I first saw this thread, Pull Me Under was playing! Hahaha. Excellent tone match my friend! Flat out rocks!

Thanks.
And sorry guys I´m messing with soundcloud link, try to repair it now

EDIT: repaired

Add a little (VERY LITTLE) chorus to it, or is that a flanger? Something swirly in there either way.
GJ. Sounds good.

Add a little (VERY LITTLE) chorus to it, or is that a flanger? Something swirly in there either way.
GJ. Sounds good.
Not sure about this... I think its cab cone thats kicking there, thats why I thought that master volume had to be up :)
Maybe someone knows if JP used more vol those days?

Funeral said:
GJ. Sounds good.

That's double tracking. I say this all the time, there is absolutely no trickery or substitute that convincingly replaces actually double tracking a part.

tried this patch today
Very nice ! thanks for sharing.
I've been dialing in a bunch of Mark patches and have not tried cranking up the master.
I'm going to try that with the IICc+ sim as soona s I get a chace, seems to kill some of the fizz
you can get with the mark models.

That's double tracking. I say this all the time, there is absolutely no trickery or substitute that convincingly replaces actually double tracking a part.
Do you think this part and clip is double tracked?
I thought it was some amp noise or hiss that they remove at mixing stage...
I mean that I did take only one guitar track from two of them from ogg file.
Nowadays JP does 2 guitars hard panned, but did he use even more at Images And Words?

tried this patch today
Very nice ! thanks for sharing.
I've been dialing in a bunch of Mark patches and have not tried cranking up the master.
I'm going to try that with the IICc+ sim as soona s I get a chace, seems to kill some of the fizz
you can get with the mark models.
Thanks man!
Remember that I don´t know how JP used his master volume those days.
For new stuff he uses it between 2-3

Thanks man!
Remember that I don´t know how JP used his master volume those days.
For new stuff he uses it between 2-3
I'm not really all that concerned with JP's tone in particular but in getting as good a "MarK" tone as I can.
In 6.0 if cranking the master a bit more and cutting the gain back gives me a fuller smoother tone? I'll take it :)
I do really like the tone he gets on a "Nightmare to remember" though,
I'm surprised no one has done a match on that yet

I'm not really all that concerned with JP's tone in particular but in getting as good a "MarK" tone as I can.
In 6.0 if cranking the master a bit more and cutting the gain back gives me a fuller smoother tone? I'll take it :)
I do really like the tone he gets on a "Nightmare to remember" though,
I'm surprised no one has done a match on that yet
Yes I think if you keep master volume very low, it gives you more tight tone. And high gives you smoother but not so detailed tone.

Back
Top Bottom