Dream Theater - As I Am Solo

dtpancio

Hi everyone, this is my first post! I'm new to Fractal Audio, in fact I've just bought an AXE FX II XL but I haven't received it yet, actually.

While I'm definitely excited to get closer to Petrucci's tone - finally trying Mesa Mark amps sims - I'm curious about Tone Match and I'm getting ready with some samples to deal with it.

One of them can be found here and it's about As I Am Solo. I think the sample is good, beside the delay and the compression (MP3 128kbps).

This page used to host stems of Fatal Tragedy Solo and Beyond This Life Solo (but I don't know if it is usable due to the wah) and luckily I saved them on my computer years ago. So I'll try to getting out something good.

are they the origional audio tracks from petrucci tracking it?

If its the isolated guitar tracks from the album i wouldnt bother trying to match them as you will be matching all of the post performance stuff as well eg mastering compression etc.

Also, that aside your in for a treat with the Axe FX II, totally the best bit of gear i've ever owned.

Yes, I think they are, but I don't know how much PP there is. Obviously there is everything between his guitar and his cab, so delay for sure, a compressor maybe, etc.

Back
Top Bottom